Gulf Coast Restaurant Brokers – About Us
With my 35 years of restaurant experience in Mobile and Baldwin County, I am introducing Gulf Coast Restaurant Brokers as another part of my real estate company. Gulf Coast Restaurant Brokers can help hospitality owners and prospective owners sell, lease, acquire, or develop restaurant and bar locations. We can also help potential restaurant owners with permitting, licensing, and construction. Put my past experience in the restaurant and hospitality business to work for you, or your client’s, future:
- 1975 – With a partner, developed and opened the Fandango Saloon – a famous Mobile college bar
- 1977 – Was the first bartender at the legendary Judge Roy Bean’s where I worked for 2 years for Jack West learning about development, promotion, and décor.
- 1979 – Became a licensed Realtor in Alabama.
- 1979 – Bartended at Trinity’s, Mobile’s first famous downtown bar, where I worked along side Randy Johnson and the late Mead Miller, future co-owners at Trinity’s.
- 1980 – Opened my first restaurant Winslow’s Café, a beloved Fairhope Restaurant, which was open for 17 years.
- 1991- Leased-purchased the View Point Social Club which I remodeled and re-branded into Pelican Pointe Grille. Pelican Pointe Grille went on to become a legendary Sunday afternoon gathering spot on Mobile Bay.
- 1998 – Leased-purchased the historic Bluegill Restaurant on Battleship Parkway and transformed it from a 1950’s private club into one of the area’s most popular restaurants and music venues.
- 2010 – Remodeled a local watering hole in a Daphne strip center into Rosie’s Grill, an updated version of my first restaurant, Winslow’s Café.
- 2015- Leased-purchased the historic Manci’s Antique Club in Olde Daphne with partner John Thompson from Callaghan’s and operating it as a bar, burger and music venue.
I have developed and sold several other popular hospitality locations: The Santa Fe Grill, The Beach House Grill, The Record Bar, and Courtyard 311. I can help restaurant owner’s sell their business in one of two ways:
- A public listing in Baldwin County’s multiple listing system with a email list of 2000 brokers, realtors, and businesses
- A private listing agreement where a prospective client must sign and agree to a confidential and privileged information statement.
I can also help would-be restaurant owners with acquisition, development, permitting, licensing, and construction.